Welcome to CompWyse! We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and service users; in this policy, we explain how we will handle your personal information.
CompWyse values your privacy and understands the importance of protecting your personal information. As a leading provider of compliance services, we are dedicated to maintaining high privacy standards and ensuring that your personal information is secure and handled in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Your use of our website and services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy. Please read it carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By using our Services or visiting our website, you acknowledge the practices described in this Policy.
- Personal Information Collection
In the course of delivering our services and providing a user-friendly, efficient, and secure experience, CompWyse may collect various types of personal information. We collect information both directly from you and automatically through our website or services.
- Information You Provide To Us:
We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us when you express an interest in our services or contact us. This may include:
- Contact Information: Your name, email address, phone number, business address, and other similar contact data.
- Business Information: Your business type, the nature of your compliance needs, and other relevant business details.
- Communications: Information you provide when you communicate with us, including service inquiries, customer support requests, and feedback.
- Information We Collect Automatically:
We also collect certain information automatically when you visit our website or use our services. This may include:
- Log and Usage Data: Information related to your access to and use of our Services, such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, the pages you viewed, the date and time you accessed our Services, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
By using our website and services, you consent to the collection of this information.
Please note that we do not collect any special categories of personal data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data).
- How We Use Your Information
- CompWyse uses the information we collect primarily to provide, maintain, and improve our services. Your information allows us to deliver the services you’ve requested, communicate with you effectively, and optimize your experience with us. More specifically, we may use your information to:
- Deliver Services: We use your information to process your inquiries, provide services that you request, administer your account, and communicate with you about services you’ve shown interest in.
- Communication: We may use your contact details to send administrative information, answer inquiries, provide customer support, and send service and technical updates.
- Marketing and Promotions: With your consent, we may use your information to inform you about new services, promotions, news, upcoming events, and other updates we think may be of interest to you.
- Improving Our Services: We use the information to understand our users, their interests, and their needs, helping us to improve our services, develop new services, and enhance user experience on our website.
- Security: We use the information to enhance the security of our services, combat fraud or misuse, and assist in protecting the rights of CompWyse and our users.
- Legal Obligations: We may use your information to comply with legal obligations, including responding to a subpoena, court order, or other legal processes, or as necessary to establish, exercise or defend against potential, threatened or actual legal claims.
- Business Operations: We use your information to analyze and manage our business operations, such as auditing, forecasting, developing business strategies, and evaluating performance.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
2.1 Will your information be shared with anyone?
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal processes, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Consultants, and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Services, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Services over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of website assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
4. Is your information transferred internationally?
In Short: We may transfer, store, and process your information in countries other than your own.
Our servers are located in Europe. If you are accessing our Services from outside Europe, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information (see “WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?” above), in Europe, United States, and other countries.
4.1 European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses
Such measures implementing the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of personal information between our group companies and between us and our third-party providers, which require all such recipients to protect personal information that they process from the EEA in accordance with European data protection laws. Our Standard Contractual Clauses can be provided upon request. We have implemented similar appropriate safeguards with our third party service providers and partners and further details can be provided upon request.
The Site is responsible for the processing of personal information it receives, under the EU GDPR, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf.
5. How long do we keep your information
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
5.1 Exercising access, data portability, and deletion rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights under the CCPA described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by:
Only a California resident or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that a California resident has authorized to act on their behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to their personal information.
6. Do we collect information from minors?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. What are your privacy rights?
In Short: In the European Economic Area, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Services.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account.
8. DATA BREACH
A privacy breach occurs when there is unauthorized access to or collection, use, disclosure or disposal of personal information. You will be notified about data breaches when CompWyse believes you are likely to be at risk or in serious harm. For example, a data breach may be likely to result in serious financial harm or harm to your mental or physical well-being. In the event that CompWyse becomes aware of a security breach that has resulted or may result in unauthorized access, use or disclosure of personal information CompWyse will promptly investigate the matter and notify the applicable Supervisory Authority not later than 72 hours after having become aware of it, unless the personal data breach is unlikely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons.
- Controls for do-not-track features
10. Do California residents have specific privacy rights?
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Services, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Services. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Services, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
11. Do we make updates to this policy?
In Short: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
12. How can you review, update, or delete the data we collect from you?
Based on the laws of some countries, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please submit a request by contacting us. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
- Contact Information
CompWyse Compliance Services
5830 E 2nd St, Ste 7000 #9701
Casper, Wyoming 82609 US